Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bamboo Chair

I bought this chair and ottoman for $30 on Craig's List using my iPhone App. Craigs Pro.
It's going in my daughter Cami's room.  Cami's room is going through a huge makeover.  I already bought a dresser on Craig's List and painted it.  This is the second project on my to-do list for the makeover.

Cami wasn't too enthusiastic when I brought this home for her.   My husband asked, "why is that disgusting thing in our house?"  Casey said, "it's ugly but I know you will make it look good mom."


It just needs some TLC.


and a little imagination.


I started by recovering the chair and ottoman cushion with some left over fabric I had from a Halloween costume project.  I think I picked up the fabric for around $3 on a remnant table.  I only used a really small piece of it to make a witch costume for Cami a few years back.  It's part of the heart detail.


Bye Bye 80's fabric.


How did we survive before there were staple guns?


Still not there yet but I like the progress.



Time for a good cleaning with some warm soapy water and an old tooth brush.


I let it completely dry out in the sun and then I spray painted it white.


Hey Cami, can I find a different chair for you? 
I think I like this in my family room? 


She said "No Way," she LIKES it now!



Here it is in her freshly painted room. 
I painted it Benjamin Moore Poolside Blue, Cami's pick.
 She has some very strong opinions about what she likes.



The little ottoman has a circle detail that will be repeated in the space. 


The carpet is the next to go. 


Roscoe gives it the bark of approval too.

Thanks for checking it out!


11 comments:

  1. I just love the bones of that chair and ottoman but what you did to it look amazing!!! love it
    Tana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it doesn't even look like the same chair! I love it! I love the bright orange fabric with the bright blue wall!!
    I would loooove to do the concrete countertops AND floor, but we're renting right now so I can't. Someday though I'll be doing it for sure; I love the look! Your floor is gorgeous!
    www.inside-outdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The end result is fabulous! I love the punch of color :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BRAVO! I'm on the lookout for a chair just like that on Craigslist...love that you went with the orange! Just stumbled over here from Thrifty Decor Chick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you through Centsational Girl, I love your stuff! Your bio sounds like me, minus the coachy, volleybally part! I am your newest follower!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Changoholic. I love it! I also found you through Centsational Girl. This is an awesome idea you wrote about! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT!! that pop of orange in that blue room is perfect!! and your little westie is too cute. We have one too-her name is McKenzie- they're such great dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE orange! I eventually want to do my master bath in orange--but that will take a lot of twisting my hubby's arm. Great job on the makeover-- can't wait to see the rest of the room...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great makeover!!! The fabric looks incredible next to the wall paint. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so lovely, and the orange and pool look wonderful together! Bravo!

    chiclittleme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...