Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

I hope you and your family had a beautiful Christmas! 
We've been busy catching up with old friends and family.


I also wanted to show the last few pictures of my Christmas decor I have yet to post.

I added a little winter to the inside of my glass lamps. 
To see how I made these lamps go here.


I added some painted twigs, an owl, and a few Christmas bulbs.



My chandeliers got a little Holiday makeover with some greenery and more owls. 
Go here to see how I bling up my chandeliers for different seasons using jewelry magnets.

Even my three dimensional living framed twig art got a little Christmas. 
It kind of reminds me of a Charlie Brown Tree?

If you have followed my blog long you know I have an urn fetish.   


I found this picture on Pinterest via my friend Heather from Mrs. Jones Blog.  I follow her on Pinterest and she always pins the cutest stuff. 
Thank you Bring Restoration Blog for creatiing such a simple and beautiful vignette.

 
I liked it so much I was inspired to put this one together.


It sits in front of my fireplace in a basket I use to hold firewood.

This urn sits on the other side of the fireplace.

Here is the mantel before I added the stockings.



Here it is after I added my homemade stockings that I made some from two old sweaters I had.



The deer is a pen and Sharpie drawing I did on a piece of drop cloth. 
To see how I did it go here.



This is our front door. 

I already showed you my faux snow stenciled windows, but if you missed them go here.


I added the rest of my found branches over the front door.

A little greenery, some mercury glass ornaments, and a starfish.

We went on our annual family trip to the Hotel Del in Coronado and took pictures next to their Christmas tree.
Here's from a few years ago.


Here's this year.

It's a family tradition to take a photo in the Del's gazebo because my husband and I were married here over 16 years ago.

Here's this year's family photo.  I added the glasses and hat to my husband's picture because his job involves putting very bad people away in jail.  The bad people and their families aren't a fan of my husband so we keep him anonymous.  That's why I never put him on my blog.  Most of the time I edit him out of the pictures, but I thought this was fun for Christmas.
Can you tell we are all straining to hold my 5'6" eleven year old? 
She's getting big and heavy!

My oldest posted on facebook it was her best Christmas ever! 
I hope you and your family had the best Christmas ever too.
Merry Christmas!
Thank you for checking it out.



You might also enjoy

My Winterlicious Mantel
Winterlicious Glass Bubbles
My Buffet

9 comments:

  1. Such cute pictures!! Recognize the crew...so glad you all were able to get together for the holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! I love the picture of you all holding your daughter. =) That is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful
    lovely

    ...leaving so filled thanks to dear friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Everything is absolutely beautiful...love the lamps and I really enjoyed seeing the treatment you gave the seashells...I love the starfish...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! loved your christmas decor-- thanks for sharing, and especially your twig art, what a great idea! I agree the best thing about Christmas is hearing your kids say that:-) Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such gorgeous and unique Christmas decor. (I may have to borrow your fishbowl and urn idea next Christmas. Love it.) I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas! You have a beautiful family! And I hope you're husband never has to look for me LOL! Your home is gorgeous and I can't wait to follow you in to 2012! Have a great week!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pictures at the Del. I think it's a wonderful tradition to do for the girls, plus so romantic for you and 007. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. An absolutely gorgeous Christmas!!! You always come up with the best stuff, girl! Hope the new year is treating you well! (c:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...